Data Plane Engineer
We are looking for Atayalan Data Plane Engineer. We are building a NaaS platform for 5G networks in a completely new way spanning wireless communications, data networking and cloud native services covering 4G/5G, WIFI and IOT connectivity technologies. The company is at an early stage, and you will have a tremendous opportunity to play a key role. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in shaping the next generation of enterprise networking.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities: The role is that of a hands-on technical Date plane software Engineer to implement 4G/5G Interworking Network functions for the Atayalan solution. You will be responsible developing Core networking multi-threaded applications built on microservices for easy deployment on Kubernetes platforms. You will translate customer features in to optimized and scalable network function.
- Development of core network function components for Enterprise vertical solutions.
- Development of management functions (such as Gateways)
- Profiling functions and implementations to ensure performance and scalability
- BS (MS preferred) in CS, EE or Equivalent
- 5 to 7 years of direct data plane engineering experience
- Strong experience with C/C++ system level development in Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with networking fundamentals, L2/3/4 technologies, routing and transport protocols
- Solid understanding of agile methodology, issue and version control, CI and CD systems
- Knowledge and experience in forwarding device programming with ASIC/NPU data planes and SW data planes such as VPP, DPDK, OVS is a plus
- Knowledge and experience developing drivers in network switching devices, using SDKs from Broadcom, Mellanox, Cavium, Barefoot, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with kernel and systems level programming is a plus
- Must be an excellent communicator in both oral and written form
- Cross-Geo collaboration/communication and ability to work independently.
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker, Design and implement micro service, multi-threaded programming.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G mobile network system.
- Knowledge and experience with IP routing and switching protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, EVPN, VxLAN is a plus